I am a second-year Ph.D. student at Human-Computer Interaction and Cognitive Systems (HCI-CS) research group at the University of Stuttgart, Germany, advised by Prof. Andreas Bulling. My research focuses on multi-modal explainable deep models at the intersection of Computer Vision and Natural Language Processing . In my work, I specifically develop novel (neuro-symbolic) AI models with higher-order reasoning capabilities especially geared towards conversational tasks such as VQA, VideoQA, visual dialog, and video dialog. Furthermore, I research efficient mechanisms of integrating graph neural networks into large language and multimodal transformer-based models. I hold a bachelor's and a master's degree in the elite study program Simulation Technology at the University of Stuttgart. The latter was obtained with distinction and received the outstanding work award from the Industrial Consortium SimTech (IC SimTech). During my studies, I did two AI-centric internships at Bosch. [Google Scholar] - [CV]
- One paper got accepted at COLING 2022 as an oral presentation. Gyeongju, Republic of Korea.
- One paper got accepted at the ACL 2022 Workshop Representation Learning for NLP (RepL4NLP). Dublin, Ireland.
- My master's thesis received the the outsanding work award from IC SimTech.
- I defended my master's thesis with distinction.
- Nishan Chatterjee (M.Sc. Thesis): Multimodal Feature Fusion via Graph Neural Networks for Visual Dialog, 2022.
- Manuel Hochmeister (M.Sc. Thesis): Attention-based Reasoning over Multimodal Embeddings in Video-Grounded Dialog, 2022.
- Human-Computer Interaction (Summer Term 2022) - University of Stuttgart.
- Machine Learning and Computer Vision for HCI (Winter Term 2021/2022) - University of Stuttgart.
- Machine Learning and Computer Vision for HCI (Summer Term 2021) - University of Stuttgart.
Please contact me via email me at: